Get Your UK Passport in Canada
If you or one or both of your parents was born in the United Kingdom, you are likely entitled to a British Passport and British citizenship.
To have your British citizenship recognized, you need to apply for your first UK passport by submitting an application with supporting documentation to the UK government.
Your UK passport will usually entitle you to the “Right to Abode” – the right to live and work in the UK – as well as to live and work in the European Union.
- First UK Passport
- Application assessed for completeness and submitted to the UK government
- Application supervised by a Registered Immigration Consultant (RIC)
First British Passport
Claim Your UK Citizenship.
Immigroup will review your application to make sure you qualify and submit it to the UK passport office in Durham.
We’ve filed hundreds of first British passport applications, renewals and Registrations over the last decade.
Follow the easy 6-step process to get your First British Passport
Download the application
Please complete the order form and application forms included herein. Make sure to include your telephone number and email address where you can be contacted. Ensure your residential address is listed in section 7 rather than section 1a.
Fax or email in your application
Scan and email all forms and documents in the document checklist to our office for review at email@example.com. If you prefer to fax us, fax the documents to 416-640-2650.
We strongly suggest you do not to mail your application to our office without an initial review to avoid having to resend additional documents at a later stage which can cause delays. If you still wish to mail it, this is our address: 2558 Danforth Avenue, Suite 202, Toronto, ON M4C 1L3
We Will Contact You
You will be contacted within 1-2 business days regarding your application.
If you have not been contacted after 2 business days, please contact our
office at 1-866-760-2623 to confirm we have received your order.
Provide Original Documents
After Immigroup has reviewed your application forms and documents, we will advise you to send the original forms and copies of your documents to 57 Westchester Dr, London, ON N6G 2K6
Please send by Xpresspost. (If you would prefer to send by courier, please call us at 1-866-760-2623 for instructions.)
Sign your declaration and mail it to us
In order to get your UK passport, you must sign a uniquely generated declaration form. We will send it to you, you will have to sign it and send it back to Immigroup.
Receive your UK Passport
Your UK Passport will be couriered to you by DHL.
If you were required to provide any original documents to the UK passport office, these will be couriered to you by DHL in a separate package.
Timeline: How long does it take?
It usually takes 4-8 weeks from the date the UK Passport Office receives your application, regardless of whether it’s a first time application or a renewal. However, if you are asked to submit further documentation, the process takes longer.
Why You Need Your UK Passport
What You Cannot Use Your UK Passport for
- A British Passport does not entitle the bearer to Canadian citizenship (or Permanent Residence), or to citizenship of any other former UK colony.
- A British Passport does not necessarily entitle the bearer to “the right of abode” – the right to live and work in the UK. Whether or not you have the “right of abode” depends upon your type of British nationality.
- A British passport does not entitle your children to British citizenship, unless you yourself were born or naturalized in the UK.
What You Can Use Your British Passport for
- You can use your British Passport to travel to the UK without a visa or entry stamp.
- If you are a British citizen (not just a British national), you can live in work in the UK with a UK passport. (Make sure it indicates you are a British citizen.)
- A British Passport entitles you to visa-free entry into the Shengen region and, if you are a British citizen, to working and living in the Shengen region.
British Nationals are entitled to possess British Passports. British nationality is not the same as British citizenship so, in some cases, a British passport may not entitle the bearer to the full rights of UK citizenship.
No, it is not possible to expedite the processing of a UK passport. If you need your UK passport urgently, you may be eligible to apply for a temporary Emergency Passport in person at your nearest High Commission, Embassy or Consulate.
It can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks to get your British passport, provided you do not have to Register as a British citizen first.
Please note that if the UK Passport office requests additional information, it will take longer than 8 weeks to get your passport.
Why choose us?
- We have submitted hundreds of first time UK passport applications and filed numerous citizenship registrations as well.
- Immigroup has handled every conceivable type of issue with British passport applications, and know exactly what separates an approved application from an application that will be delayed, rejected, or abandoned.
Get Your UK Passport
Prove Your British Citizenship.
We’ll review your application for accuracy and completeness and submit it to the British passport office in Durham.
Do you have more questions?
We’re here to help!
Do you have more questions?
We’re here to help!