Get Your British Citizenship
If your mother or father was born in the United Kingdom, but you aren’t eligible for a UK passport because you were born to a British mother before 1983 or you were born to a British father before 2006 and your parents were unmarried, you need to register as a citizen before applying for a passport.
To get your passport, you need to register your citizenship with the British authorities.
Your new British passport will entitle you the “Right to Abode” – the right to live and work in the United Kingdom – as well as to live and work in the EU. Includes:
- Registration as a UK Citizen
- First UK Passport
- Application reviewed for completeness and filed with the UK government
- Supervision by a Registered Immigration Consultant (RIC)
Follow the simple 5-step process to get your First UK Passport
- Complete the application
Please complete the online application form. Be sure to include your telephone number and email address where you can be contacted.
- We Will Contact You
You will be contacted within 1 – 2 business days regarding your Britisih citizenship application. If you have not been contacted after 2 business days, please contact our office at 1-866-760-2623 to confirm.
- Provide Original Documents
After we have reviewed your application forms, we will advise you to send photocopies of your documents to our office at 57 Westchester Dr, London, ON N6G 2K6 Please send by Xpresspost. (If you would prefer to send by courier, please call us at 1-866-760-2623 for instructions.)
- We will register you as a British citizen
Any original documents will be returned to you directly from the UK Border Agency in Great Britain. Upon approval, you will be invited to appear at the British Embassy or Consulate closest to your residence to take the oath of citizenship. You will receive a Certificate of Registration as a British Citizen at this time.
- Receive your UK Passport
When you have completed the oath process, our office will begin the passport application procedure.
Once your application is approved, your UK Passport will be couriered to you by DHL. If you were required to submit any original documents for the passport portion of the application, these will also be couriered to you by DHL in a separate package.
Timeline: How long does it take?
It usually takes 4-7 months to for your registration as a British citizen application, depending on various factors.
It will then take 4-8 weeks to process your UK passport.
Why Use Immigroup to Claim Your British Citizenship
What the UK Government Does not Offer
- No phone support – the UK government has an automated phone service you can call long distance.
- No email support – the UK government might email you if there is a problem but you cannot email them unless they email you first
- Paper applications – the UK government does not accept paper applications.
What You Get With Immigroup
- Phone Support: 5 days a week, 9-5PM Eastern; we will answer all your questions.
- Email Support: 5 days a week, 9-5PM Eastern; email us any time and we’ll get back to you within business hours.
- Apply how you want: if you do not want to apply online, Immigroup will provide you with a paper application and apply online on your behalf.
Why choose us?
- We have submitted numerous citizenship registrations over the last decade. In that time we’ve also filed hundreds of UK passport applications.
- We have handled every conceivable type of issue with British citizenship applications, and know exactly what differentiates a successful application from one that will be delayed, rejected, or abandoned.